The scientific program of the NS-Park network focuses on the main therapeutic challenges of PD and movement disorders and aims at identify new pharmacological targets and develop innovative dopamine and non-dopamine drugs, devices or other interventions, and combine them together into optimised therapeutic strategies.
The goal is:
- To improve the control of motor and non-motor symptoms,
- To better manage and/or prevent the complications of the disease and its treatments,
- And ideally to slow its progression.
In the future, NS-Park network hopes to move towards personalized medicine based on underlying pathophysiological mechanisms.
Our objectives are to facilitate academic and industrial clinical research in the field of PD and movements disorders by designing or participating to:
- Proof-of-concept, translational studies evaluating news therapeutic targets
- Large multicenter national or international trials that evaluate new drugs or repositioned drugs